Terms & Conditions
The Photographers’ Gallery trading subsidiary is run by The Photographers’ Gallery (Enterprises Limited). All profits from sales support The Photographers' Gallery public programme.
We ship all orders via Royal Mail’s 'Tracked & Signed' service and DHL Express. Although not guaranteed, UK orders tend to take around 4 working days to arrive from date of shipment, while international orders require around 7 working days. If you require a special delivery method, please contact us at the bookshop before your purchase and we will endeavour to meet your requirements.
We aim to send out orders the same or the day after they are received but we are a small team in a busy store and this is not always possible. If you have an order that is urgent, please contact us at the shop or via the Shopify email system. 'Click & Collect' orders will generally be processed within one day and can be picked up from the Bookshop during our opening hours, upon notification from a staff member.
If we encounter any significant delays in sending your order out to you, we will contact you by email. At this point, you reserve the right to cancel your order, if subsequently inconvenient.
Due to the nature of our business, we receive substantial amounts of deliveries and subsequent packing materials. In light of suspending the lifespan of these materials and reducing unnecessary usage of materials in general, when sending out orders we tend to re-use bubble wrap which we have previously received within deliveries. We urge customers to re-use this if possible. However, it can easily be recycled at any 'film plastic' recycling point which are generally located at supermarkets and chemists. When re-using cardboard mailers is not possible, we use Noviawrap - a corrugated cardboard packing system.
We operate as a very small team here at the bookshop. At particularly busy times of year (Christmas, exhibition openings etc.), please allow a few extra days for your order to be fulfilled. Thanks!
If your order is sent with a DHL Express service, you will be contacted with the option to redirect your shipment. If you choose to divert your shipment to a new address, TPG Bookshop is no longer responsible over loss or damage to your order. This is the official DHL stance, which we have to adhere to.
Terms and Conditions
- Description of Products
- a) The description and specification of products in the Website is only approximate and we reserve the right to make changes that do not materially affect the quality or performance of those products.
- b) We may correct any error appearing in the Website or withdraw any product from sale without incurring liability. Price and availability is also subject to change without notice.
- c) The colours depicted in paintings or other artworks on this website may not be accurate, due to the nature of both computer operating system colour palettes and computer monitor displays.
- a) You may order products from the Website by submitting a completed order form through the Check out procedure. All products are subject to availability.
- b) We will confirm acceptance of your order by email to the address you have given and the sending of this e-mail (whether or not it is received) makes the contract between us. We reserve the right not to accept an order for any reason.
- Price and Payment
- a) The price of the products will be the price quoted in the Website at the time we accept your order.
- b) The price will include any applicable value added tax, but not the cost of delivery. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- c) In addition to the price, you will have to pay our delivery charges as quoted in the Website at the time we accept your order. The amount of these charges varies according to the country of the delivery address you specify in your order.
- d) Payment is taken by our preferred electronic payment provider, Sage Pay, at the time we accept your order. The credit and debit cards we accept are listed in the Website at the time you place your order. Refunds will generally be made by means of a credit to your electronic payment account.
- Import duties etc
4.1 If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
4.2 Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws
- a) We will arrange for delivery of the products you order to the address which you specify in the Check-out procedure. We will endeavour to deliver the products by the delivery date or times stated on the Website. However, the time for delivery will not be essential to the contract between us.
- b) If you do not collect the products, take delivery of the products or supply adequate delivery instructions, we may (but are not obliged to) place the products in storage until delivery can be effected and you will be responsible for any additional storage, insurance and delivery charges we incur. We also reserve the right at any time to cancel your order and retain the products. In this event, we will refund you the price of the products, but you will still be liable to pay any storage, insurance and delivery charges we incur.
- c) You must inspect the products as soon as possible following delivery. Any claim for incorrect deliveries, shortages or damaged products must be notified to us in writing within 14 days after the delivery date. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to do this.
- Product warranties
5.1 Subject to paragraph 5.2 below, we will pass on to you the benefit of any product warranties offered by our suppliers of new cameras (who may be manufacturers or distributors). These are stated in [Camera Guarantee PDF] (‘our Product Warranties’).
5.2 Except as provided in our Product Warranties, we will have no liability to you in respect of above warranties regarding the quality of the products or their suitability for any purpose and the terms implied by Sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 are (to the fullest extent permitted by law) excluded.
- a) The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to any contract between us, so that no contractual rights are conferred on third parties.
- b) Any contract between us shall incorporate these terms and conditions and be under English law. If there is any dispute, the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Cancellation and Returns
7.1 If you are not satisfied with any goods you have bought online, or have changed your mind, you have the right to cancel your order for 14 days from the receipt of the goods. In order to cancel, you must notify us in writing by email, fax or post or by delivering the notice to the address given in para 2 above, telling us that you wish to cancel the order and (should you wish to do so) your reasons for cancellation.
7.2 You must return the products to us in the condition in which they were received. You will be responsible for arranging the safe return to us of any unwanted products by recorded delivery to our address, the costs of which will also be borne by you unless you have cancelled the order because of the condition in which the products were received, in which case we will pay these costs.
7.3 If you cancel the order you will be entitled to a full refund within 30 days after you have notified us of the cancellation.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales